Saturday, May 7, 2011

My New Toy!!


I'm SO excited!

 Recently, we started looking into eating more healthy.  In some ways, it's easier here in Peru because we can easily buy fresh fruits and veggies. 

However, some things are harder because we can't find specialty things here (well, not very easily, if at all).

One of the things not found very easily is whole grain, whole wheat bread.  I started looking into wheat grinders and was really starting to drool over them and the possibility of making my own wheat. But, how was I going to get one down here in Peru?  Then, John surprised me by contacting a volunteer team and they were willing to bring one to me!! (Thanks sweetie! And thanks to the team!!)

So, now I have my new toy!! And I'm EXCITED!!


It feels like such an accomplishment to go from this above (the whole wheat berries) to:

THIS--whole wheat pizza crust



and THIS--fresh bread!! SO YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. That pizza looks delish!! This means next time our team comes, you will have to cook pizza for all of us! and bread, and oatmeal and grits...

    ReplyDelete