Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A new breakfast favorite

We are big breakfast eaters. I mean, my 2 small boys sure eat a lot for breakfast!!   As a result, I'm always looking for new and healthy ideas.  I found a new recipe last week and it was a BIG hit! We've eaten it 3 times already and it just gets better each time!

Here's the link: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/02/creamy-crockpot-apple-oatmeal.html

It's for Crock-pot Apple Oatmeal.  It takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and then 1.5 hours on high in the crock pot. Easy enough to turn it on in the morning, go work out, take a shower, get dressed, and then it's time for breakfast. (But mind you, with my boys, we also eat eggs and fruit on the side! I told you they were big eaters).

I also have to admit that I have NEVER been an oatmeal fan. Maybe in cookies or some other sweets, but not for breakfast. My hubby is the same way.  Well, this recipe totally changed our thoughts on that!!!  I have never liked any other oatmeal recipe, but this one I do! It really is worth trying!!




Let me know if you try it out!  I followed the recipe with just a few changes--1 1/2 cups oats, 3 cups milk and I peeled the apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment