Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Countdown Calendar

You know that feeling when you make something with your hands, and you finish, and it ACTUALLY looks good! 

That's how I feel! I imagined something in my head, and it came out right! 

I think the idea of a christmas countdown calendar is cute for the kids, but usually, they are little doors that you open with a piece of chocolate.  I don't really like the idea of the chocolate every day for the boys. Me, well, that's a different story! :)

Instead,  I decided to sew a calendar where the boys could put an ornament on the tree each day. We'll start by taking off all the ornaments and storing them in the present pocket.  We'll start with 1 and work our way up to the star on top on Christmas day.  (S. knows how to do the date on the calendar, and I though it would confuse him to count down backwards instead of just matching the numbers with the date).

We hung it up today with all the ornaments, just to see what it looks like. Everyone is excited about getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment