Monday, October 24, 2011

Strawberries!

 I've been saying for awhile now how I was looking forward to strawberry season and that I really wanted to try to make some strawberry jelly.

Well, when my hubby was traveling back home this past weekend, he noticed that along the coast it was harvest time for strawberries. He stopped on the side of the road and bought me this case--it is 15 pounds of strawberries. All for only $4.75. what a great deal!!
But then my dilemma was, what do I do with all these strawberries.  And I will only have 2 days to use them all before we are travel for a week.

Well, so far I managed to squeeze in making strawberry coffeecake,  strawberry syrup (to put on pancakes or waffles), strawberry bread and then 2 batches of strawberry jelly.  And, of course we've eaten plenty of fresh strawberries, and I still froze 3 quart size bags full. 

I think we'll have strawberry muffins when we return!

No comments:

Post a Comment