Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Homemade Pecan Pie Larabars

Ok, so these came out even better than I expected! They are great!!

I had to share right away!  I saw this recipe a little while ago and I've just been waiting for time to try them out.  It was SO easy to make them! The only problem is that I haven't been able to find dried dates in Peru (I brought these back with us last month). 


Here's the recipe from deliciouslyorganic.net:

Pecan Pie Larabars
Makes 10 bars4 1/2 cups pitted dates
3/4 cup almonds
3/4 cup pecans
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper (horizontally and vertically) and then brush with coconut oil.
2. Pour dates into food processor and process until they become paste-like and form a ball in the bowl (if your dates are very dry you can add a tablespoon or two of hot water to help them break down). Pour dates into a large mixing bowl. Place almonds and pecans in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Pour the nuts over the dates and also add the vanilla, cinnamon, and pinch of salt. Using your hands, mix all ingredients until combined. Press mixture into baking pan, cover (I just used the parchment that was hanging over the sides of the pan) and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Remove from fridge and cut into 10 evenly-sized bars.

I wrapped mine up in individual pieces to keep in the fridge/freezer for when we want a handy, healthy, snack! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment